Wednesday 17 December 2014

New Playmate



I haven't been posting as much this year, because I've been... preoccupied, you could say.  Turns out I was busy creating life.  Well, I was predominantly involved in the design stage.  My wife did most of the assembly herself.


Anyway, this Kai, my firstborn Zachspawn.  He came into this world on Dec. 11, 2014, and while he doesn't appreciate the greatness of action figures quite yet, rest assured, I'll get him there.


While I'm looking forward to most aspects of raising and teaching a human being, as a toy collector who places a lot of stock in nostalgia, I'm particularly looking forward to see what Kai's childhood will be like, what's similar to mine, what's different, and reliving my childhood again while he goes through his for the first time.

So welcome to the world Kai (or as I call it, the "big ol' playroom").  Should be fun!

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to your scientific research into child raising and toy collecting! Perhaps there should be a separate blog for your findings.

    Congrats, again, of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, interesting. Should I do that, or just talk about it here? I won't turn the Plastic Eyeball into a baby blog, but toy talk is toy talk...

      Delete
    2. I was just kidding around, but if you did, I'd make a separate blog. I mean, I've seriously considered it myself, for when Lane and I have a kid. I REALLY enjoyed my few child psychology classes, and blogging about the kid's progress interests me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They're similar, but they mean different things. My smirk means "I'm smirkin'!", while his means "I'm poopin'!"

      Delete