Monday 29 April 2013

One Man's Trash

I love it when I come across something I've never seen before.  That doesn't happen very often in the age of the interwebs.  I usually know what's coming out toy-wise long before it ever shows up in stores, which is useful for sure, but sometimes I miss the thrill of discovering something completely new to me.  It still happens from time to time, though.  By now everyone's heard of the Trash Pack.  These little guys are inexplicably popular (I say "inexplicably" because I usually seem to gravitate more to the less popular things).  But when I came across them in a Toys R Us in Las Vegas a year ago, I had never heard of them.  They took me completely by surprise and I can literally say I loved them at first sight.



I've you've been following my blog since the beginning, you'll know these guys are right up my alley.  And if you haven't, let me tell you:  These guys are right up my alley!  I've always loved lines made up of smaller scale, weirdo-looking characters.  Think M.U.S.C.L.E, Monster In My Pocket, The Trash Bag Bunch, etc.  The Trash Pack is the reigning king of the "little rubber guys" type of figures.  Sorry, Squinkies.


There are all sorts of ways to buy the Trash Pack.  They come on blister cards in groups of 5 or 12, or blind packed in plastic garbage cans.  The carded sets also come with cans big enough to fit one Trashie (which is how I like to keep them).  There are three versions of each character to collect (some more rare than others), plus limited edition Trashies that can go for big bucks on eBay.  Each 12 pack comes with two special edition glow-in-the-dark figures.  So you've got a ton of freaky-looking characters to collect, plus glow-in-the-dark ones.  That's another point for the Trash Pack.

Series 1 consists of six teams of characters, each centred around a theme of garbage or creepy-crawly critter.  Oh, and on a side note, the Trashies are all soft, squishy little plastic figures that excel at collecting stray hairs.  I tried to catch any hairs I came across when I was taking the pics, but some still managed to elude me.  I guess if your Trashies want hair and lint, they'll get them.

THE GRUBS
I said way back in my intro post that I'm a sucker for food-type characters, so the Grubs are the team that jumps out at me first.  The fact that one of my first Trashies ever was a slice of pizza (I love pizza) is just icing on the cake.  Speaking of which, they have a cake Trashie too, but he's in Series 3.

PUTRID PIZZA

FOUL NUGGET
(Who doesn't love a chicken nugget?  Nobody I'd want to know.)

ROTTEN APPLE

OFF CHEESE

PUTRID SARDINE
(I love the colors on this guy)

DUMP-LING
(Glow-in-the-dark)

STENCH FRIES

SCUM GUM

AWFUL PIE

GROTT DOG

MOULDY MILK

RANCID STEAK

SMELLY FISH
(delicious!)

SICKEN CHICKEN

SLOP CORN

STALE BREAD

HARD RUBBISH
Despite my love for foodie-figures, most of my favorite Trashies are usually from the Hard Rubbish team.  Putrid Pizza is still my overall fave from Series 1, but I can't deny a common household object with a face.

BASHED BOTTLE

STINKY SODA

PUTRID BOOT

SMELLY SOCK

SCUMMY SCREEN

PUKE POD

SNOTTEN

LOO PAPER

TOXIC TRASH RIM
(Glow-in-the-dark)

BIN-SECTS
The Bin-Sects are a team of bugs, and I find them less exciting than some of the other teams.  I'm used to seeing bugs presented as gross creepy-crawlies.  They don't really offer anything new or special.  Some of them still look pretty cool though.

NOXIOUS BEE
(The first Trashie I ever owned)

BLOW FLY

ROT MOTH

TRASH-A-PILLAR

SOUR SNAIL

RANCID ROACH

MUCKY MAGGOT

GERM WORM

BIN CRITTERS
The Bin Critters are filthy animals that live in garbage.  They're even less exciting than the Bin-Sects, but some of them still stand out (like Bin Pig, who was in the first Trash Pack I ever got).

GROSS ROVER

SCABBY CAT

BIN PIG

SMELLY MOUSE

EL-TRASHO
(Glow-in-the-dark)

TRASH RAT

SCUMMY SQUIRREL

GARBAGE GULL

BIN MONSTERS
The Bin Monsters aren't a large team, but they're definitely weird.  Slime creatures, mutated beasts, and other such freaks make up this group.

WASTE WOLF

MANGLEZ

TRASHOLA

COMPOST MONSTER
(Glow-in-the-dark)

GERMIT

BIN-FECTIONS
The most adorable diseases you'll ever see.  These guys are Ultra Rare Trashies, and all feature translucent plastic.  I'm not really sure why Germit doesn't count as a Bin-Fection.

BIRD FLU

FLU VIRUS

FLESH EATING VIRUS

CHICKY POX

MOO COW DISEASE

There are only five characters that I haven't been able to find yet (minus the Limited Edition ones I'm sure I'll never see).  I don't need to get every color variant of every character, but I would still like to find Garbage Egg, Rott Box, Crud Can, Disinfect-Ant, and Rankenstein.  I'll cover Series 2 shortly.


3 comments:

  1. These characters are so cute and adorable. You have a complete collection of these. From where have you got these? Good collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, foг ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you miggһt Ƅe a great author. I wiⅼl made certain to booҝmark your blog and ѡill often come back sometime soon. I want to encoᥙrage yourself to continue your great job. mixed waste removal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff mate

    ReplyDelete